Saturday 19 July 2008

Longest day, even longer night...

Got really wet walking from Rothbury to Simon side and back. Took an umberella and was really glad of it.

Met a really nice couple out walking their three terriers, one staffie and one siamese cat...

Went to the forestry commission carl park and decided not to go all the way up along the ridge but to walk along the road to Lordenshaws car park. It was really looking dodgy up on the tops and I didn't want to take any unnecessary risks, especially on my own.

I came across one jogger and three cyclists on my way to the car park, wished them happy solstice , think they thought I was a bit strange.

It looked really bad weatherwise but I headed up the path.... however common sense prevailed and I turned back. There was no way I was going to find the solstice rock in those conditions and there certainly wasn't a peak of sunshine to shine through it anyway.

I slopped my way back to Rothbury on quite a pleasant route past some interesting little wooden chalets and was very glad to get back to my wee room and take off my soggy gear. I was absolutely knackered and took a hot bath in the 'interesting' bathroom.

Meanwhile things were really hotting up downstairs in the bar, the music got louder and louder and LOUDER, sceeching and catterwalling masses slammed in and out of the front door which my room was oh so conveiniently positioned above.

Around mid night I was begining to seriously regret my choice of accomodation, I locked my door and tried to read my book.

In my mind scenes from Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights were being re enacted below my bed chamber, finally at two AM peace descended upon the Newcastle Hotel.....

No comments: