Sunday 20 July 2008

The solstice rock, only a day late

I found the solstice rock quite easily when I returned to Simonside on the Sunday morning. Mark, one of the park rangers had given me an idea where it was the day before and he also showed me some pictures of it from a website which explained how this rock lines up with a series of other significant rocks in the region. I'm not too interested in all that stuff but I was on a mission to find this rock.

I enjoyed lounging around on the rock in the sunshine, looking up at the clouds rushing by overhead I regretted not bringing my DVD camera, but I'd opted for a lighter load to go up the hill with.

I got a certain amount of satisfaction in being at the rock site exactly twelve hours after the solstice sun set, better late than never....

No comments: